Any type of relocation, whether it is for home or business purposes, is never an easy thing. It is especially a challenge when the relocation happens to be miles away, in another state or city. We have to think about a lot of things, and the process itself can be staggering and stressful.
However, with careful planning, relocating can be made easier, especially with the help of storage container companies such as www.moveablecontainer.com. We offer the use of moving containers, making it easier to load belongings, equipment, and machinery. Customers can either rent or purchase a moving container.
At www.moveablecontainer.com, we move items to any part of the United States using safe, durable, secure and climate-controlled moving containers. We are dependable partner of people who want to relocate because we take care of your stored items in the best way possible. We make the moving process easier for our customers.
Here are 5 home relocation tips from www.moveablecontainer.com :
1. Convenience and safety should take full priority.
You can reduce your stress level and just hire a moveable container storage service. This is a convenient and safe way to store your personal belongings. When you call us, we can have a container delivered to your doorstep. Our containers perfectly fit into a driveway, garage or apartment parking bay. All you need to do is to load all your belongings, then they will be secured inside the container.
2. Pack up early.
To avoid packing at the last minute, it is best to start a month before the actual move. Start packing items that are used seasonally or rarely and add to these items little by little as the month progresses. You will realize that the transition will be easier, and there will only be necessities to pack on the last week before the big move.
3. Get Your Materials Ready
Have packing materials ready. It is a good thing to have sturdy packing tapes, scissors, boxes and packing cushions ready before the actual packing starts.
4. Have a List Ready
The list should contain all the valuable materials that you need to take with you. Make crucial decisions on the items that you have to leave behind or sell at a garage sale. It is difficult to make decisions like this, so it helps if you get the entire household involved. We have to remember that the more items we decide to bring to our new home, the more expensive it will be.
5. Plan your Budget
List down all the services that you need to pay for in order to determine the actual cost of moving. It is a good idea to set aside a budget ahead of time so that it will not cause undue financial burden at the last minute.
Consider packing and preparation costs, travel costs, home set-up costs, moving costs and other emergency costs that you may potentially incur.
Here, on the other hand, are 5 office relocation tips from www.moveablecontainer.com:
1. Remember that there are sensitive files and documents that you need to protect. Offices usually keep confidential information, usually in paper format. These documents should be properly stored and cared for.
2. Plan on how to store valuable business machinery and equipment. Businesses usually have industry-specific machinery and business equipment that need to be properly stored so that they will not be damaged. These types of equipment are usually expensive and sensitive to the elements. Think of how you can protect them as they are stored, ready to be moved to another location.
3. Plan your move months in advance. Planning for office relocation is much more complicated than a residential move. This involves thorough evaluation of current business needs. While the relocation is happening, you still want to continue regular business operations. You also need to inform customers and employees of the changes. Ideally, you should do all these planning at least 5 to 6 months in advance.
4. Start packing months before the final move. Start packing a few items that are not used regularly at least two months before the actual move. Decide on what priority items need to be packed ahead of time, and what necessary items will be packed on the final week.
5. De-clutter and dispose things that are no longer needed. When you are preparing things to pack, it is a good opportunity to decide on what things you need to dispose of, give away to charity, or resell at a rummage sale.